Friday, April 30, 2010

Maybe Someday You & Me Can Run Away

I now owe you guys two video blogs that will happen sometime next month.

Tomorrow, Michael and I are taking the SAT.
This calls for a Get Psyched mix. "SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME. DARLIN', YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME!"

no? nobody got that tv show reference I made with bon jovi lyrics?
okay.

Anyhow, levity.

"Always be comic in a tragedy. What the deuce else can you do?"

Is life a comedy or a tragedy? Let's make it both, either way.

I actually don't have well-formed thoughts on this subject. Sorry, Hayley.
[it's apparently a 2003 Morgan Freeman movie? Okay. He has a cool voice. Also a Polish avant-pop-jazz group]

I have felt far too serious this month in my obsessive blogging. But if levity is a lack of seriousness, I don't desire an excess of it.

See, I have no specific definition to go off, that's my problem.

Pshhh, whatever. I've really enjoyed BEDA, even though I failed a couple of times...
Speaking of which, all day yesterday I was like, "I'll blog later." Yeah, that worked out well.

Thank you, my loyal handful of readers, for sticking with me this month. =)

Song I Can't Stop Listening To: Juliet - LMNT

Tomorrow: May. No blogging obligation ;) (i will, however, be writing an essay very early in the morning)

3 comments:

Caitriona said...

Why don't you post your essay for a May Day blog?????

A&A said...

Yesss! "I think, you're fine, you really blow my mind!" So great, so great.

Yesterday, I was telling my lit class how Virginia Woolf committed suicide, and I couldn't stop laughing. Levity is so often misplaced . . . [but it's my COPING MECHANISM.]

I love SAT essays. I want to write them professionally when I grow up. Unfortunately, I cannot think of an actual paying job which entails this.

I've really liked you doing BEDA. I think the "A" should stand for "always". [But seriously. Yes.]

Art said...

I didn't know you and Michael were taking the SAT today!

ditto Hayley, your BEDAing (can beda be a verb?) has been wonderful. :)

I don't have a brightline to say how to decide if gravity or levity is appropriate.