Friday, April 9, 2010

i wouldn't fast forward through them...if i had DVR

I wasn't really thinking this through when I chose TV theme songs for today's blog topic...but, I shall attempt to do that now.


The Gilmore Girls theme song is one of my favorite songs. Not because it necessarily has the greatest musical or lyrical composition, but because it reminds me of my best friend.

Grace and I used to watch Gilmore Girls together all the time. And (while I know you're not the biggest fan of cheesy things like this, Grace) it is basically my song for her =) I miss my sister.


There are other theme songs I really like; Psych's, for instance, is just too perfect for its own good. The Bones theme song is incredo-techno (as is House's, in a different way). I do like some shows with nearly non-existent theme songs, but generally, the theme song enhances the whole thing. There was an amazing episode of Monk a bit after they changed the theme song, got a ton of flack from fans, and changed it back. Sarah Silverman was in it. That's all you need to know (also, basically all I remember).


Another one of my favorite songs is from one of my favorite shows: Cold Case. The theme song is an excerpt from the E.S. Posthumus song "Nara". I am convinced that you could montage it over anything, and it would be moving and make sense somehow. Speaking of music montages, the way Cold Case incorporates music into the last 1-2 minutes of the show is inevitably incredible.

This was another post with excessive links in it. I apologize.

[Please actually listen to]: Nara - E.S. Posthumus

Tomorrow: {undisclosed}


P.S. Epic fail in not mentioning the Chuck theme song. Which is actually a Cake song. Love.

3 comments:

A&A said...

The Gilmore Girls theme song drives me insane, but, you have a good reason. :)

SEABIRD!

Bethany Sherman said...

Hahah you like a lot theme songs :p I kind of like the Gilmore Girls theme song!

Unknown said...

I think I can forgive you this one cheesy thing :)

"where you lead, I will folloooowww...."

:)