Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eyes Open


I have long claimed that going blind is my worst fear.
Sure, death is a little scary. [& Edward Cullen is pretty freaky, too]
But I find the thought of life without sight to be even more frightening.


Constant darkness. It's like an endless claustrophobia of the mind.

[You get the picture. I'm gonna move on.]


As much as I dislike the constant overuse of analogies in blogs, I will now transition into one.

But, oftentimes, I think, it's easy to be blind to the truth. The expression "if it was a dog it would've bit you" isn't just about looking for your keys, it can also apply to direct knowledge (like, I guess, where you left your keys).

If God can restore sight to the blind (what? that's right, I said it), then He can certainly do the same for the metaphorically hard-of-seeing. [is that a phrase? it seems like it would be]

What I'm saying is...sometimes we miss the obvious truths that are staring us in the face. It's a kind of blindness. & Shouldn't it be just as terrifying and breath-quickening, and cause my blood to run just as cold, as optical blindness?

I so often lose sight of the truth. The Truth.

I am never alone.
There is always hope.
Peanut butter ice cream is delicious.
I am weaker than I think.
He is stronger than I can imagine.
Butter should not be eaten by the stick. (or Sweet'N Low by the packet.)
& Jesus loved to the point of death.


Lord, restore my sight.


Tomorrow: The SAT

2 comments:

Caitriona said...

Love it......may we all be given new eyes to see.

A&A said...

'Eyes wide open all the time just like a drug store in the city where she walks the streets at night"

[needed to hear this, today & now]

[my favorite topic is up tomorrow - anticipation]