Wednesday, April 28, 2010

i am a hypocrite (or you think i am)


Misappropriation
& word association

"I'm fine."
means
"I won't tell you what's on my mind."

we've all heard that before
so we try to even the score
with a,
"Golly, I'm great!"
in order to placate
the thought.

A shot rings out
and they shout
"the war has begun!"

frantic cries
"stop, please!"
are taken as lies
"you will be pleased!"

for the last time
"I don't like oranges"
i mean, by that line,
"I don't like oranges"

sometimes they believe what you say
when you say what you believe
but sometimes
they just...leave


Occasionally it's easier to make words rhyme than to write anything; so this isn't even a poem, it's just rhymey words. :P


Tomorrow: Levity. [sugerido cerca Hayley]

2 comments:

Bethany Sherman said...

Ahahaha I like it Kmac!!!

Echoes in Ink said...

Words are beautiful.