Monday, April 26, 2010

I've been far too serious lately. :SRS FACE:


"The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come,
or a plane to go or the mail to come,
or the rain to go or the phone to ring,
or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls,
or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls,
or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

No! That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying.
You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing.
With banner flip-flapping,
once more you’ll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!"

I've realized lately that life involves a lot of waiting.


&

"Slow down, you crazy child
you're so ambitious for a juvenile
But then if you're so smart, tell me
Why are you still so afraid?

Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?
You'd better cool it off before you burn it out
You've got so much to do and
Only so many hours in a day.

But you know that when the truth is told,
That you can get what you want or you get old
You're gonna kick off before you even
Get halfway through.
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you?

Slow down, you're doing fine.
You can't be everything you want to be
Before your time.
Although it's so romantic on the borderline tonight
Tonight...
Too bad but it's the life you lead,
you're so ahead of yourself that you forgot what you need .
Though you can see when you're wrong, you know
You can't always see when you're right; you're right."

"Patience is a virtue." they say. I think whoever they are, they have the right idea. (it's one of the fruits of the spirit, right?)

&

"Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplications.
If You, LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.
I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait,
And in His word do I hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
More than the watchmen for the morning;
Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the LORD;
For with the LORD there is lovingkindness,
And with Him is abundant redemption.
And He will redeem Israel
From all his iniquities."

But, also, Carpe Diem.


Song that I adore (& that semi-reminds me of waiting): Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? - She & Him [this is a super super weird music video xP]

Tomorrow: {deliberately ambiguous topic here}

3 comments:

Kristen said...

ah! i was just reading Ps 130 this morning! i love it when things like that happen!

:)

[what are you waiting for, kmac?]

Caitriona said...

This post and the previous post: you are opening the windows and letting us into your inner thought life. Your writing reveals more of the beautiful person that you are. It makes me love you more (if that is really possible....I love you SO much)
In fact, I'm growing a little sad now that April is almost over. Maybe you might consider posting once a week come May 1.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the thoughts of other geniuses like God and Dr. Suess.

Echoes in Ink said...

Kmac!!! This post is amazing!!! It speaks volumes - and you wouldn't believe how much I've been thinking about these things. I am doing a DUO with my sister on Oh, the Places You'll Go!, and, as I am graduating this year, I often think about the very things you speak of.

Also, intentional ambiguity is my favorite. Just ask Rebecca.

I love this post... I love seeing into your mind a little.