Monday, October 11, 2010

What?


Don't blame me, I've been busy...busy forgetting about my blog again.

Sometimes I use the excuse Seamus Heaney did when he took so long to translate Beowulf:

To put it another way: from the point of view of
the writer, words in a poem need what the Polish poet Anna Swir once called "the equivalent of a biological right to life." The erotics of composition are essential to the process, some pre-reflective excitation and orientation, some sense that your own little verse-craft can dock safe and sound at the big quay of the language.

Also, I just really like the way Heaney writes, he's kinda awesome. The point of the quote from Swir was that inspiration can't be forced, and an epic work (like translating Beowulf, or creating your own art) is as much a matter of excited motivation as it is preparedness.


I woke up this morning with "Hips Don't Lie" stuck in my head. So, it barely needs to be said that I had a pretty awesome day.


I would like to mention again that Kelsea Mort is awesome. Just so you all remain aware.

Unrelated...some football pictures:


Also, the Yankees just won the first game of the ALCS. OH YES.

& you should listen to all the music on this website: www.futureofforestry.com

1 comment:

Bethany Sherman said...

Hahah I think that Kelsea Mort is AWESOME too! :) And... I think... that you are... AWESOME as well! =)