Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thinking/Thoughtful Thursday

It's been a good one.

I feel like we should always do this.



I wrote more poetry today than I've ever written in a single day.
&
Catey made me write a sestina.
Doesn't that sound like a Mexican festival?
Seriously.

Prep week/prep month/tour prep is wonderful. & I'll be sad to go when I do. But being here reminds me of the possibility of finding this joy of community anywhere in the world where God is at work. (which is...everywhere :P)



Elastic bands on a wooden cross
find a home in the hands of a boy, lost
great heights & depths he finds
heart uplifted by joys of all kinds


Song I've Been Listening to Over and Over: Inside - Jennifer Knapp

2 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

You make me sound like an evil taskmaster.

I was kind to you.

<3

Art said...

mmm.

We should always do this, that is, take a day aside to think and examine and ... catch up on sleep. I'm going to ask you about that poem tomorrow. :)