Sunday, March 8, 2009

Edifying music, anyone?


I plan on writing a post about the super-fabulous Freedom tournament sometime in the future. But for now I have a question for you all...and by "you all" I mean...the three people who read this.

Do you know any good Christian music?

A while back I got so sick of the monotonous, repetitive, and down right annoying, style of most  contemporary Christian music. 

As a result, I've almost nearly abandoned listening to Christian music at all.

That isn't right.

Help me out here, if you don't mind. 

{at this moment I am listening to Brandon Heath's "Give Me Your Eyes", because that is an awesome song, I wanna hear more stuff like this}

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so...not that this will be a surprise coming from me...but:

Jon Foreman
Switchfoot
U2.

That is all.

A&A said...

I wanted to write a blog post about Christian music! And now everyone will just think I'm copying you. Oh well!

Basically, 50% of my iTunes library is Christian music. And I like it. I'm super hesitant to recommend anything, but yeah. Burlap to Cashmere, Caedmon's Call, Esterlyn, Future of Forestry, Seabird, Group 1 Crew, Leeland, Needtobreathe, Nicole Nordeman . . . favorites. The best thing about Christian music - a lot of it's free legally. w00t!

I would also say the Imperials, oldies ftw!

I'm not a massive Brandon Heath fan, but his song Love Never Fails is one of my favorites. : ) (And it has this killer cello accompaniment, that's like, ah, awesome.)

A&A said...

Also, Bleeding Love. ; )

Christina said...

Have you heard of the band Fireflight? I heard them for the first time the other day, and their music is pretty amazing. I love the lead singer's voice.

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.