Wednesday, April 9, 2008

God pwns all, OMG!


[I read something about essay writing recently, so I'm going to try to connect my paragraphs!]

About a month ago I decided I would compete in Apologetics. (For those who don't know, it's an event in the speech and debate league I'm involved in that poses about 100 questions on the essential tenants of the Christian faith) I worked really hard on it, answering about 35 questions in two weeks. It was really stressful.

Speaking of stress, after those two weeks we went to a tournament. Because of God and all of His pwning awesomeness (and NOT because of me) I made it to finals. I got last but I felt really good about even making to to finals at my first competitive apologetics tournament.

That brings me to my second competitive Apologetics tournament. I got second place. I was very tempted to pat myself on the back and say "Good job Katie!". But having worked for what seemed like an endless two weeks straight on Apologetics I'd been reminded constantly that God is in control, that He orchestrates our failures and our successes.

So I post this here to tell you all that God is in control. That he pwns all. Without God I wouldn't have been able to give one Apologetics speech, much less 9 in the past two tournaments.

And now for a paragraph that isn't well led into...I want to write more on here, because I really need to do more writing, even when I'm busy. If you'd like to read any more of my random thoughts just make a comment, or send me an e-mail if the comment thing is just way to high-tech for you. Also, I'm planning on revamping the layout, ideas?

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Caitriona said...

Thanks for writing Katie and yes, God gets all the glory. I am blessed to call you my daughter and doubly blessed to call you my sister in Christ.
Love,
Mum

SolarBipolarPanicDisorder said...

AHH. thats amazing!! *hugs* congrats, and go God!! :D

Victoria said...

Katie! I didn't know that! God is soo good and I'm so proud of you for starting Apologetics.

I'll read your blog if you post...

Love you.
Victoria